Sutton Park Country Walk Scenery – West Midlands Walks – Tour England Walking Holidays UK
Enjoy some great Sutton Park Country Walk scenery with relaxing music to see if you fancy West Midlands Walks whilst on tour England Walking Holidays UK. Sutton Park is one of the largest urban parks in Europe. This lovely country walk around Sutton Park includes views of woodland, heathland and several lakes located around the park.
Sutton Park Country Walk
Sutton Park, West midlands is a great park for a country walk, whether focussed walking or simply a gentle stroll. The Town Gate visitor centre has leaflets and walk guides for various distances. The terrain in the park can be quite varied from level ground to mildly hilly and from tarmac paths to muddy paths and tracks, depending on the route you take.
Sutton Park Activities
Sutton Park is a National Nature Reserve about 6 miles north of Birmingham in the West Midlands. At 2,400 acres in size it is one of the largest urban parks in Europe and is designated as a Site of Special Scientific Interest.
Within the park there are a variety of areas including woodlands, seven lakes, open heathland, wetlands and marshes. Each area has its own variety of plants and wildlife. In some areas you may encounter cattle and wild ponies grazing on the land.
Activities in the park include:
- Walking, Jogging, Cycling & Horse Riding – There is a network of paths and bridleways in the park, making it easy to explore the park. Cycling and horse riding are only permitted on the bridleways.
- Orienteering – There are two orienteering courses and maps are available from the Visitor Centre but orienteering is not permitted between 1 April and 1 September.
- Donkey Sanctuary – There is a centre in the park.
- Sailing – You can sail and canoe on Powell’s Pool with Sutton Sailing Club. You can also kayak and canoe on Blackroot Pool with Royal Sutton Coldfield Canoe Club.
- Fishing – Fishing is allowed in Blackroot, Bracebridge, Powells and Keepers Pools. There is a closed season from 15 March to 15 June.
- Model Aircraft Flying – There is a model aircraft flying field in Sutton Park. Flyers must be members of Sutton Park Model Aero Club.
- Golf – You can play golf at the 18 hole Boldmere golf course.
- Playgrounds – There are two children’s playground in the park. One near the Town Gate entrance and one near the Banner’s Gate entrance.
- Food & Refreshments – There are a number of restaurants in the park.