Online Handheld GPS Comparison Checklist
NOTE: Do you need help on using this “Online Handheld GPS Comparison Checklist”?
The checklist is designed around the features we feel are important to walking and hiking. Although features can be considered a personal preference by many people, we have classified features as follows:
- Basic – Features that all products have;
- Essential – Features we consider are essential for hiking and walking;
- Nice to have – Features considered nice to have but not essential.
Although we have provided what we consider to be basic, essential and nice to have features, as a general guide; you do not have to stick to these. Only you can decide what is important to you.
Tips On How To Use This Checklist
- Compare 4 Products – You can use this comparison checklist to compare up to 4 products, each from 2 different vendors.
- Save Research – You can save this checklist page to your computer, including your research data, and come back to it later if you do not have time right now to complete your research in one session (be sure to save your research regularly);
- Research On Amazon – Click on the various products in the Amazon search boxes above to view them in a new window
- Features Data – Read Amazon reviews and study product features then enter data about product features into the comparison checklist;
Feature Comparison Strategies
This checklist can be used in one of two main ways in order to make a comparison and make a choice of the best product for you:
- Use All Features – Discover and fill-in the information for as many features as you can find;
- Use Specific Features – choose the features that are important to you then find out and fill-in the information for just those features.
Each feature can be used to compare products. Features are compared using one of the following type of values:
- Number – Enter a number for the value of the feature. For some features a high number will be better whilst for others a low number will be better. For example, a higher number for internal memory is better than a low number. However, where weight is concerned, a lower number is better.
- Y/N – Simply select Y for yes to say the feature is provide or N for no to say the feature is not provided. A Y (yes) is preferable to N (no).
- Text – This attribute is provided to allow you to enter a text value, or note, when the standard options do not apply and you select “Other” for the previous feature.
Checklist Tooltips (?)
As a reminder, each feature within the comparison checklist has a tooltip marked by “(?)”. To get further information related to each feature, position your mouse pointer over the (?) and a tooltip should pop-up with related information.
You can choose to make your comparison as detailed or as general as you like by choosing the features that are important to you. We hope that you find this checklist to be useful when comparing products before you make a purchase. If you have any comments or suggestions to make regarding the checklist, please leave a comment below.