Get Fit In Nature With SPICE Birmingham Weekend Hiking
Get Fit Weekend Hiking with SPICE Intro
What is Get Fit In Nature With SPICE Birmingham Weekend Hiking all about?
Firstly, SPICE stands for “Special Programme of Initiative, Challenge and Excitement”.
SPICE organize and run a wide range of events and activities, of which one range is walking events.
The term “walking weekend” or “walking break” is used by SPICE for their weekend events, whereas here at Hiking Equipment Site we prefer to use the term “weekend hiking”.
SPICE Birmingham have weekend hiking events for a range of experience levels, from beginner to more experienced.
Walking and hiking is just one type of activity undertaken by SPICE members. Take a look this video to get a taste of SPICE!
Contents On Weekend Hiking with SPICE Birmingham
Use the following guide to find out more about weekend hiking:
- Get Fit Weekend Hiking with SPICE Intro
- Weekend Hiking Navigation with SPICE Birmingham
- SPICE Birmingham Weekend Hiking Locations
- Weekend Hiking Distance with SPICE Birmingham
- Get Fit Summary on Weekend Hiking with SPICE
Weekend Hiking Navigation with SPICE Birmingham
When weekend hiking with SPICE Birmingham, the organisation done for you. All you have to do is turn up, relax and enjoy the event. Hike leaders plan the routes and guide you on the hiking. That leaves you to take in the local scenery and socialise with the other hikers. People who benefit most from organised weekend hiking include:
- Busy people with little free time for planning routes,
- People with less confidence in planning and navigating,
- Anyone who just prefers not to plan routes or navigate, but simply relax.
SPICE Birmingham Weekend Hiking Locations
SPICE Birmingham have varied programme of walking weekend breaks throughout the year. At the time of writing this article, some of the SPICE walking events available to members in 2010 included:
- Borrowdale Easter Walking Break in the Lake District;
- Gower Peninsula Easter Walking Break in Llanelli;
- Patterdale and Ullswater Walking Weekend in the Lake District;
- Cornwall Walking and Social Weekend based in Lostwithiel;
- Tenby and Pembrokeshire Walking Weekend based in Tenby;
- Exmoor and the Somerset Coast Walking Weekend based in Minehead, Somerset;
- Yorkshire Dales Luxury Walking Weekend based in Harrogate;
- Welsh Ridge Walking Weekend based in Welshpool;
- Lynton Bank Holiday Walking Weekend in Devon;
- Coastal and Limestone Lakeland Walking Break in Cumbria;
- Whitby Bank Holiday Walking and Social Weekend in Yorkshire.
Weekend Hiking Distance with SPICE Birmingham
The number of hikes available will generally depend on the organiser and the number of people attending a weekend hiking event. For example, on a WalkWise hiking break, there would be two hikes available on each day. One hike would be of a harder grade at about 10 to 12 miles with 1,000 to 2,000 feet of ascent, depending on the location and terrain. The second hike would be of a gentler grade with lesser ascent. At some locations, if the number of hikers on the event are high, there may be a third hiking option available.
If on a Fizz Leisure hiking break, there would be one hike available each day. However, these are often figure of eight hikes, where you can do a morning circular hike of 4 to 6 miles, the afternoon circular hike of 4 to 6 miles, or both parts of the figure of eight. Thus those people wanting a shorter hike would do a half day circular hike and those wanting extra exercise would do the full day figure of eight hiking at 8 to 12 miles.
Get Fit Summary on Weekend Hiking with SPICE
If you are considering some exercise, want a social weekend, want some time to relax, and desire the experience of natural landscapes, then weekend hiking with SPICE Birmingham is a great way to achieve those aims.
If you are new to SPICE then you’ll have the chance to meet new people and spend some quality time getting to know them.
If you’re a veteran SPICE member then you’ll have the time to renew old acquaintances and also meet new people.
Visit the SPICE website and take a look at the range of weekend hiking breaks they currently have to offer.
Don’t forget to search their site using the term “walking”, or see what other activities they have for you to try.
Do you want to Get Fit In Nature With SPICE Birmingham Weekend Hiking?